World thrift day was established to inform people all around the world about the idea of saving their money in a bank rather than keeping it under their mattress or at home.
The first International Thrift Congress which was held in Milan, Italy in 1924 had declared October 31 as the World Thrift day. The aim of celebrating this day is to change our behaviour towards the saving and constantly reminds us the importance of wealth.
Wealth in terms of saving will act as a safeguard to face financial crisis. It helps us in starting a business, getting good education and availing good healthcare treatment. The habit of saving will give independence to both people as well as the country.
Thrift is one of the ancient Indian virtues. Right from our childhood days, our parents teach us the importance of wealth and the need for saving. A well known saying is “Cut your coat according to your height”.
“Health is Wealth”, but in today’s world wealth is essential to safeguard your health. Little drops make an ocean. Small saving gives wheels to nation economy.”
How health makes wealth?
- Healthy lifestyle can promote wealth.
- Improvements in health can reduce health expenditure.
- Increased savings can avoid debts and relieve stress.
- It prepares for the health emergencies.
- Saving gives mental security as well as social security.
- Saving can lead to the positive attitude to achieve a longer life.
- Healthy lifestyle reduces the risk of many life-threatening diseases like heart attack, stroke, cancer and others.
- Always go for Medical Insurance.
How can we save money?
- Start by controlling your expenses.
- Make a budget.
- Spend wisely.
- Buy only necessary and essential things. Distinguish between the ‘need’ and ‘greed’.
- Be self-reliant.
- Cut short your electricity, water and others bills.
- Set your goals for savings.
- Make investments.
Important points to remember:
- Savings is a safeguard against risks like illness, unemployment, and other economic hardship.
- Your small saving contributes to nation’s development.
- Systematic saving and investments provide good returns.
- Saving helps in preserving the environment by preventing wastage.
- Open your saving account with the post office or any bank anywhere in India.
Health Insurance in India: Insurance-schemes
” Economic resources of the country should be utilised for the well-being of the poor.The change will commence from this point” –
Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
National Toll-Free Number for more information about (PMJDY): 1800 11 0001, 1800 180 1111